SOCIETY OF SAINT VINCENT de PAUL at HOLY FAMILY PARISH
WHAT WE DO
The Catholic community in Concord quietly ministers to needy individuals and families in our town by providing food, clothing, and help with their household bills. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP) at Holy Family Parish is a significant player in this important Christian effort. We are an active affiliate of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, an international lay Catholic organization focused on offering direct help to those in need.
The people of the Holy Family Parish in Concord have solidly supported SVdP’s outreach for many years. In fact, today our affiliate of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul provides more emergency financial support to Concord residents than does any other group or agency in Concord.
Our mission is two-fold:
(1) To provide an opportunity for our Vincentian volunteer members to grow in holiness by doing spiritual and temporal works of charity for those most in need in our Parish and in our community of Concord in the name of Jesus Christ.
(2) To assist families in crisis situations who are experiencing temporary difficulty due to illness, unemployment, tragedy, or other unexpected challenges. We help with expenses such as mortgage/rent, utilities, food, auto repairs, urgent home repairs, health care, transportation, moving costs, clothing, shopping/errands, food baskets/meals, and assistance with budgeting.
We also collaborate with other agencies and resources in the Concord community that offer assistance with housing, food programs, household utilities, legal assistance, and job training. We do our best to help Concord residents in need. This includes any form of help that alleviates suffering or deprivation and promotes human dignity and personal integrity. This is always done on a confidential basis. Serving the emergency and short term needs of our clients comes first, regardless of their faith, background, or personal circumstances. Whenever appropriate, we meet them on a confidential basis in their home.
CONTACT US FOR HELP
All residents of Concord, MA are welcome. You do not need to be a parishioner of Holy Family Parish or Catholic to receive assistance from SVdP.
If you or someone you know would benefit from these services, please contact us through our SVdP Call Line at Holy Family Parish: (978) 369-7442, Extension 229
Please leave a message including:
- Your name
- Your telephone number where you can be reached
- Best time to call you
- General information about your immediate needs.
A volunteer SVdP representative will return your call as soon as possible.
Please know that all communication with our SVdP group is treated confidentially.
GET INVOLVED BY VOLUNTEERING
“Help Us Help Others”
We welcome new volunteers. Our neighbors in need rely on the Society St. Vincent de Paul every day. We need your help to serve them. Volunteer opportunities range from working directly with those we serve to doing some of the preparatory and behind the scenes work in our organization. There is some way for everyone to contribute and make a difference through the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul.
If you are interested in volunteering, please leave a message at (978) 369-7442, ext. 229 or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.
Our organization relies on private donations to offer direct assistance to those in need in our community of Concord.
You can make a tax deductible contribution in 3 ways:
(2) Send a check to: The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - Holy Family Parish, P.O. Box 220, Concord, MA 01742. Please make checks payable to: “Soc. of St. Vincent de Paul”.
(3) Deposit your gift in the St. Vincent de Paul Donation Box at the entrance to the church (as you enter the prayer space).
We are most grateful for your generosity.
Contact the Society of St. Vincent de Paul at Holy Family Parish:
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
Holy Family Parish Conference
P.O. Box 220
Concord, MA 01742
Tel. 978-369-7442, Ext. 229